King's Tide Mishap

So I’m currently on my second time watching the owl house all the way through and I’m currently on King’s Tide as you may guess. But there’s a small detail that confuses me. How come the draining spell doesn’t affect Amity, Gus, and Willow? I would say it would have something to do with them being younger but then why would Hunter be affected? I thought it was an idea that may have went over the animator’s heads, but this feels way to specific to be an oversight.
Do any of y’all know why this happened?
Also, yay, Thanks to Them is finally on Disney+

2 Likes

I think it was because it did not have the mark of the coven
In the case of Hunter, yes, since he belonged to or was involved in the emperor’s covens.
This would be my explanation, I don’t know if it will be true

2 Likes

They all had their appropriate sigils on their wrists so that wouldn’t make much sense either. Good theory though

I’ve never seen amity, willow or gus have wrist sigils to my knowledge.
remembering in the chapter of gus “Labyrinth Runners”.
they were going to put a sigil on it

It means you didn’t have one before.
Just say
¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

That would make sense. But didn’t they get sigils in Hexside? Isn’t that what the colors on their sleeves mean? Or am I wrong about that one? I mean Luz never got a sigil because she didn’t technically have the right type of magic to be put in a track so that would go against what I said before

I think the colors of the sleeves just represent the type of magic or coven they study

1 Like

Yeah that makes more sense. Sorry, I kinda get distracted over the smallest details :sweat_smile:
Gtg see ya

3 Likes

hahaha normal, sometimes I get distracted and don’t pay attention to some small details

1 Like

It does not affect them because they do not have the seal of their coven,hunter is the only one who has the seal of the coven. the colors of the sleeves just represent type coven they study . For them to affect them, this has to happen.¯\ _ (ツ) _ /¯

coven of drain

2 Likes

Hunter is 16 and 16 us the age that all witches get mark. Amity,Gus and Willow are 112-14 yrs old.

Belos haven’t sealed into his own coven :rofl:

2 Likes

As said in the series, the draining spell affects those with coven sigils, using the 9 main covens as key ingredients in the spell. Hunter was in the Emperor’s coven and had a sigil. Luz, Amity, Gus, and WIllow never had a sigil. So it never affected them!

1 Like

lolz

(20charactersthing)

Wait I just remembered. Didn’t the coven head guy pull up Gus’ sleeve to reveal a sigil?

Yeah, but he didn’t get to finnish it :eye::lips::eye:

1 Like

His name is Adrien :sun_with_face:

1 Like

I don’t care what his name is he hurt da child :triumph:
(referring to gus)

Yeah he was going to put Gus in the Abomination coven. (Aparently that dude is against darius)

Nvm I just went back to watch it and He didn’t pull up Gus’ sleeve

They don’t have coven sigils, hunter does,and the sigils are the thing that makes it work

1 Like