Is there a way to change the subtitles?

Hi ! I’m going to make this quick, I’d like to change/add subtitles in french.
In the french subtitles, Raine is constantly reffered to with “il/lui” which are “he/him” in english.

I know the most common alternative to “they”, “iel” isn’t accepted by the french academy, but the dictionary accepted it, so I don’t see why we should have them misgendered while even the french dubbing team made an effort to gender them correctly from what I’ve heard (in the later episodes though).
I tried to search but, didn’t find anything, so I figured I’d post this here.
Thanks a lot for the help !

6 Me gusta

1.welcome to the community.
2. yes, the truth is that in most countries the pronouns of raine undergo such changes.
that’s why in some dubbing they are addressed with their name “raine” to avoid the inconvenience of the pronouns.

2 Me gusta

Thanks a lot !
I am aware of this issue, but in the french dub, even if at first they’re misgendered, they end up being gendered correctly, while even before the “official pronouns” in the dubbing were dropped, theowlclub’s french subtitles misgendered them

1 me gusta

lamentablemente no lo se :pensive:
te doy la bienvenida

1 me gusta

To clarify, I’m not talking about Disney+'s subtitles, but Theowlclub’s subtitles !

Hey ! I agree with you, and although this neutral pronoun was not accepted by the french government, i think we should include it.
I also have got a few notes about the overall french subtitles : i feel like they don’t represent enough of the show’s character. So i wanted to know if you maybe had a response to your question ? I am new to the community (not to the website) and could use some help navigating around !
Thank you :slight_smile: